2012/05/08

OBi100 VoIP Telephone Adapter (update)

After having the OBi100 for a week, I am very pleased. The OBi100 provides good call quality, and the best thing about this setup is that calls are free using Google Voice. I hated the idea of paying for "land line" phone calls, especially when most of my incoming calls were telemarketers. Since I only had an old corded handset laying around at the house, so I had to order a cordless phone to use. I ordered the Panasonic KX-TG6512B DECT 6.0 PLUS Expandable Digital Cordless Phone System and will be sure to post a review once I have a chance to use it.

Setup was easy. I just followed the instructions and had the system going in about 15 minutes. This post has some really good information and good detailed instructions. Just so you know, in order to have incoming calls on your Google Voice number to ring the OBi100, you have to go into your GV settings and check the box fo Google Chat.

No comments: